Monday, April 20, 2009

The New Commute

There's always two ways to do the commute to work, given where I work and the fact that both the Red and Blue lines go downtown into the loop. First, get on a bus. Thank you ctabustracker.com. Right now, the 66 bus down Chicago Ave makes the most sense because its a shorter walk than the 65 Grand bus, and its next to a coffee shop. Logically, the faster I get on a train line, the faster I'll get to work, but logic doesn't work well with the CTA. In fact, it generally fails. So I decided to snub logic and just stay on the 66 bus all the way to the red line. Took me basically 40 minutes, which isn't awful, but could be better. Wednesday I can test out of the 66 bus to the blue line and see if its actually faster.

In other news, I've had no hot water or gas at the new apartment, not until Tuesday morning. Nothing like going to the gym to shower.

No comments: