Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bogus phrase...

The universality of the phrase "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" is totally lost on me. All that matters is whether you win or lose! Apply that to your personal relationships and tell me you can be happy and understand things, and be ok with it, because you "lost?" Every loss you are emotionally damage, rejected, cast aside, or not reciprocated.  Yet we tell ourselves, at least we cared, at least we tried, at least we put it out there. Nonsense! That's all well and good, but to say that it doesn't matter, to say that we played is enough...that is to say that we don't need to grow and learn and understand things better. It is to say that my self now played, and lost, and well, at least I played. NO! You must ask yourself, what can I do to make myself better. What have I not thought about. What is plaguing me now. I am not perfect, nor can I ever be, but, I can always be better. I can always learn. That is what is crucial. It isn't enough that you played, ever. It is only enough if you played and you took notes. That you said, "forever, and ever, I can always grow more and learn more, and nothing is just a game."

No comments: