Monday, April 2, 2012

Writing in codes

I got to think this morning. Dangerous, I'd not yet imbided any coffee.

1 - I am arrogant enough (not the adjective I'd wanted before, but it slipped my mind) to share with the world the things I like and the thoughts in my head, and I don't give a shit if people wish I'd do it less.

2 - Partially, because, I don't really think we owe anything to anyone. Maybe? I'm not sure how much I really stand by this thought.

3 - I try not to write in codes. I do try to write in an aesthetic style, one that is vaguely confessional without being overly detailed. But, I'm not hiding anything, I'm just assuming if you end up here at all, it's because you know me and wonder what I might say or reveal.

4 - Biggest artistic project idea right now. A series of philosophical poems. Each one is titled with an -ing word, in a series. They go from the meeting of two people, to the dance of courtship, to some end process. It won't be a simple hidden love story (no codes, fuckers, no codes), but will attempt to show how in the act of meeting people, we actually go through identity-defining philosophical processes.

5 - Strangely emotional today. Things keep making me tear up, but all in a good happy way.

No comments: